Saturday, December 8, 2007


Now those of you who know me know that I don't talk about my faith nor wear various objects that show it. It is my hope that my person will to some extent go thru life unnoticed and like a little boat, leave a small wake. Yet, I hope that at least one will think I was a good man most of the time (there are some whom I have let down and for that I am eternally sorry)and that they might see any good that I might have been as simply a result of my love of God and man.

ABOUT THE ABOVE SKETCH.
Today is Dec. 8 -the feast of the Immaculate Conception. So, in honor of the Holy Virgin, I thought I would publish this drawing I had done of her. Though it has to do more with the
moment of the Annunciation (The appearance of the angel) I thought it appropriate. The local tradition in the town of Nazareth has it that Mary was at the well drawing water when the Angel first spoke to her. Fearful, she fled to  her house only to find the Angel there as well. The rest of the story can of course be found in the Gospel of  saint Luke.  So I imagined the young virgin ( some say 12 yrs - some say 15) looking back at the well as she is leaving, wondering what in the world just happened.


No comments: